Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automate a card title based on the due date?

Pamela Laurie June 21, 2023

My partner and I have a List called "Weekly Notes" and we add a new card every week, usually on Thursday or Friday, from a template card called "Meeting Notes - Week of "  and then we add the following Monday's date to the title and move the card to the top of the list.  It's where we can drop in info we want to make sure to bring up at our daily meetings and for our team meetings.  It works great.  I'd like to automate the process though.  I created an automation that adds a new card every Thursday that is a copy of the "Meeting Notes - Week of " with a due date of the following Monday and then moves it to the top of the list.  Is there a way to automate the title of the card so that the due date is added to the end of the title?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2023

Yes! You'll just want to use date variables in your automation! Couple ways you can do this.

1) You could make a Scheduled rule that is something like "every Thursday, "create a card with name "Meetings Notes - Week of {{date+4d}}". Like this

image.png

(You could also specify setting the due date within that rule as well, see the "set due the next Monday).

This would make the whole card for you! If you only wanted to automate the date part, you could do option 2: 

2) Create a rule that says when a due date is set on a card, update the card title to have the existing name + the date. Like this. 

image.png

Pamela Laurie June 21, 2023

Ah, variables!!  Yes, thanks this is so helpful.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2023

Yay! Glad to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events