Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add cc to my mailto markdown in Trello description or checklist?

Nik September 8, 2022

Hello all,

I would like to make a link with mailto markdown in card description or in checklist. For now I have an address, subject and body included and it works fine:

[mail test](mailto:name.lastname@domain.test?subject=Test&body=Hello%2C%0A%0Alorem%20ipsum%20dolor%20sit%20amet.%0A%0ABest%20regards%2C)

I am trying to add another address to send as cc. Any idea?

Best regards,

Nik

1 answer

0 votes
Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2022

Hi Nik!

Thanks for reaching out to the Trello Forums!  The mailto: link isn't specific to Trello and there are many articles online that detail how they work. While reviewing one from freecodecamp.org,  I found that mailto: links can also contain a CC parameter.  For example, 

mailto:johndoe@fakeemail.com, janedoe@fakeemail.com?cc=jackdoe@fakeemail.com &bcc=jennydoe@fakeemail.com &subject=this is how to use the mailto link &body=this is an article on how to use the mailto link

I hope that helps! Check out this article on freecodecamp.org for more info. 

Nik September 13, 2022

Hi Austin,

thank you for your answer, found a similar solution, but it doesn't seem to work if pasted in trello description. Mainly I think it's because the spaces should be replaced with characters.

Anyway, pasting "[mail test](mailto:name.lastname@domain.test?subject=Test&body=Hello%2C%0A%0Alorem%20ipsum%20dolor%20sit%20amet.%0A%0ABest%20regards%2C)" to trello description, gives you a link "mail test" which opens Outlook in my case and fills in the primary address, subject and body text. As soon as I try to add "cc=janedoe@fakeemail.com" it stops working, it just opens a new blank tab in my browser.

If anyone manages to find a solution to adding cc in the same link, that would be super helpful and a real time-saver! Thanks and best regards, Nik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events