Can I add an icon to my Trello board?

Multiple Game Styles (MGS) April 13, 2018

This is more a curiosity question than anything else. I'm an Indie game developer, and since I have some boards opened at the same time, I wanted to give each board an icon (same icon as of the games I'm developing) to avoid confusion. Is it possible? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Hi - I change the background as Torben mentioned and it allows me to distinguish at first glance which board is which. See screen shot.
0129B8A1-D650-4BE0-B5EF-965F5550F81C.jpeg

Multiple Game Styles (MGS) April 16, 2018

So adding an image as the background actually changes the board's "Skins" in this view? That's really nice... Thanks!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Yes it does - you have more variety of the skins with Trello Gold. If you want to try out the feature you can earn up to 12 free months by recommending to Friends and Family, if they sign up under your url you get a free month :) 

1 vote
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2018

Not sure what you mean by an icon for a board.  However you can give each board a separate background.  This allows you to recognize immediately in which board you are.

Multiple Game Styles (MGS) April 15, 2018

Imagine a phone. Now, imagine that there are dozens of apps in that phone. Imagine that they all had the same icon, just with different colors. It would be terrifying (or even traumatizing :p) to even try to find, let's say, the Trello app.

A nice thing would be to click on the open boar button and see different icons, one for each board so that they are more recognizable, instead of having to enter each one to check the background. (Also, I don't have a paid subscription on Trello...)

Thanks, anyway, for the answer.

Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

You are referring to the fav icon in the browser, correct? This will indeed adjust to the board background as Marc mentioned. So I'd recommend changing the background to either a different color or use the Unsplash images, which are also available with the free version of Trello. This will help to differentiate the different Trello boards visually.

Multiple Game Styles (MGS) April 16, 2018

Oh, yeah, I really didn't knew that there are images in the free version... But no, I wasn't referring to the fav icon. I was talking about the list of boards that appear once you click the top left button that says "Boards". I was saying that each board could have a cutom icon to avoid confusion there.

Thanks for the reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events