Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a template card to an already created card?

Amber Withycombe December 9, 2020

I have a "prospect" trello board with a card for every person I talk to.  When I first create the prospect card I won't know what template/checklist I will need for them until we start moving forward.  I have several checklists that I have turned into template cards.  Is there a way to add the checklist templates TO the already created prospect card? I don't want to lose the information I already have in the prospect card but I can't figure out how to add a template after the card has been created.  I only see how you can create a card from a template.  

2 answers

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Amber Withycombe ,

Please read this article https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

I hope it will help you out!

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Amber Withycombe ,

Welcome to the community!

I don't think it's possible to copy a template to an existing card!

You can create a new card with the template and move the members & workflow to the new one and then link the old card to the new card!

Amber Withycombe December 10, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal Thank you for your reply.  How do you link 2 cards?  I am unable to find a tutorial on that.  

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events