Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I add a template card to an already created card?

I have a "prospect" trello board with a card for every person I talk to.  When I first create the prospect card I won't know what template/checklist I will need for them until we start moving forward.  I have several checklists that I have turned into template cards.  Is there a way to add the checklist templates TO the already created prospect card? I don't want to lose the information I already have in the prospect card but I can't figure out how to add a template after the card has been created.  I only see how you can create a card from a template.  

2 answers

Hi @Amber Withycombe ,

Please read this article https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

I hope it will help you out!

Hi @Amber Withycombe ,

Welcome to the community!

I don't think it's possible to copy a template to an existing card!

You can create a new card with the template and move the members & workflow to the new one and then link the old card to the new card!

@Soumyadeep Mandal Thank you for your reply.  How do you link 2 cards?  I am unable to find a tutorial on that.  

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,638 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you