Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dash Cards count each other?

Geordi Darby November 23, 2022

Hi all!

I have a unique situation where I need to link several boards together.

Board A has 50 or so individual basic cards that live in that space. 

Board B has several cards at a higher level view that would nest links to cards from Board A. I am currently accomplishing this with Dash Cards. Each Dash Card looks for a specific label from board A, and conveniently will display all those urls on a list. It’s great!

Here is the problem however - if I create Dash Cards to track the other cards on Board 2, those cards are not counted, because Dash Cards seem to ignore each other, even if looking for the correct label.

Is there an easier way to link multiple cards from Board 1 to a single card on Board 2 without manually copy /pasting the card urls?

Thanks so much!

1 answer

1 vote
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2022

Hi Geordi! You're right that Dashcards are invisible to other Dashcards. If the main goal is to have a central place with links to Dashcards located on multiple boards, I'd suggest adding a unique label to your Dashcards - "dashcard" perhaps - then use a Workspace table view to filter for cards with your "dashcard" label on boards A, B, and C, etc.

You can save that Workspace table view as a custom view, and it would be available in the sidebar on the left whenever you're on a board in that Workspace.

You can find more detail on how to use Workspace table view here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/workspace-table-view/

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.50.47 AM.png

If that's not quite what you're looking to do, please let me know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events