• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Cards or Lists be hidden from specific users?

My editorial team is using a Trello board to coordinate news leads next assignments. Our board currently contains a number of off-the-record leads I don’t want freelancers to see.

Is there a way to do this, paid or unpaid?

1 answer

Hi @Brian Berger !

As far as I know, there isn't a way to have different members of a board have different "views" so that only users see a sort of permanent filter, which would restrict them from seeing certain cards. 

However, you could create a secondary "Freelancer" board and sync or copy the relevant cards/lists to that board. If there needs to be syncing functionality (so that changes to cards sync and update the other card), I would recommend using Unito. The idea would be to create a connection between your main board and the "Freelancer" board so that only certain cards sync for example, only sync cards on the main board with the "freelancer" label to the "Freelancer" board. Cards will then automatically sync to the freelancer board when they get the relevant label on your main board, and any update your freelancer makes on their board will sync back to your main board. If you're interested in exploring Unito more, I'd be happy to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

829 views 10 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you