Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar power up not syncing

Erez Peretz January 6, 2023

Hey, I added the calendar link to google, and it was synced once, also in the wrong timezone (although i set it correctly on Atlassian account). 

Adding cards, updating time or deleting cards doesn't affect the calendar. 

What can be wrong?! 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

Hi @Erez Peretz and welcome to the community,

Although I managed to user the powerup and I can confirm that syncing is a problem. I found this article on the internet https://www.technipages.com/trello-calendar-not-syncing-with-google-calendar which includes a workaround with the use of an extra powerup to speed up the syncing process. You can give it a go and let me know if that helped.

Erez Peretz January 7, 2023

Hey, unfortunately it doesn't work. 

1. The calendar is still not syncing. 

2. And showing all events from their finish time for one hour, no matter how long they are.

I also tried Cronofy but both of the problem persist with it as well. 

Maybe Trello is the wrong app for my needs if there is no solution for syncing. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2023

@Erez Peretz according to the official documentation:

Changes made in Trello won't instantly update to third-party applications such as Google Calendar when using the iCal feed method below. We estimate that Google Calendar and other third-party applications update their external feeds approximately once per day, but that is dependent on how frequently the third-party application pings the Trello servers.

There may be some speedier alternatives available through third parties, you can search for these here.

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/using-trello-with-google-calendar/

So it's no wonder why you don't see any updates. But that's not because of Trello, but rather because of Google.

If it was true - 

1. Events didn't updated even after 2 days now.

2. It neither shown on the right time (it always shown on the ending time), nor the right duration (always a hour). 

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2023

@Erez Peretz 

I tried both calendar and cronofy and works like a charm. Both times and dates. I would look on your end if you have any firewall preventing this etc.

I can't reproduce your issue unfortunately.

You are invited to look. I am tired of this issue that took hours from my weekend. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events