Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Power-Up : More sync options?

Lee Cottrill October 27, 2021

I've enabled the sync for Calendar Power-Up.

I've set up the iCal feed into my Outlook. 

2 problems:

1. It feeds ALL cards with due dates (how can I just sync cards I'm a member of?)

2. It only seems to map finish dates and not start dates so my calendar isn't updated with the true reality of when the task takes place over (how can I sync the start and end dates?)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

1. I don't believe there's a way to filter what syncs to the calendar. A workaround would be to create a seperate board, auto copy cards that are assigned to you to this board, and then hook up the iCal feed from this board. Not the most ideal solution because this 2nd board isn't synced with the main board. You could automate some things with Butler to keep it up to date with the main board, but Unito would be the way to go to create a true sync.

2. I believe this is expected. Only the due date is synced over for the moment. Potentially using something like Planyway that offers a 2-way sync with Outlook calendar offers this?

TLDR; AFAIK, neither of these things are supported for the moment.

All really valid feature requests though - it would be cool to see a deeper integration. If you reach out to Trello directly, they might be able to give you some idea of whether this is on the roadmap, or they might be able to provide some better solutions in the meantime.

Lee Cottrill October 29, 2021

Excellent help Hannah - thank you!

0 votes
Andrei Zargarian April 7, 2022

Hi guys!

Is there any news about syncing filtered feed to Google Calendar? That would be great if you implemented this option.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

@Andrei Zargarian It's not available yet for the native integration with Trello and GCal, however, Unito recently released a GCal integration that allows you to create a 2-way sync between Trello and GCal. You can sync all Trello cards, or filter on a specific criteria (e.g. only cards assigned to you). If you're interested to try it out, just make sure you check all the permission boxes when authenticating, and ensure your cards have a start and end date!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events