Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV export - archived cards have "Archived" flag set to FALSE

Alex Christensen December 20, 2017

I have a CSV export as a Business Class user and there appears to be a lot of cards I have archived that are still flagged as FALSE in the "Archived" column.

I archived these cards by archiving the list they are in, not the actual cards themselves. Is this causing the cards to not be flagged as actually being archived? If that's the case, this feels like a bug to me, so is there a way I can log this with the Trello team?

1 answer

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Alex,

Currently, cards that were open at the time the list they're in was archived aren't considered archived themselves. I definitely understand that this is a bit confusing, but here's how it plays out on the board:

Let's say you have a list with five cards, and you archive one of those cards, and then archive the entire list.

The card that was archived individually will be marked as archived=true, while the rest are archived=false.

Now, let's say you need to refer back to that list later, so you re-open it. Only four cards that are archived=false will be reappear in the list—the card you archived individually will remain in the archives.

If archiving the list had changed all of the cards to archive=true, then none of those cards would be visible if you sent that list back to the board.

That said, it's possible that we may change how this works in the future, and I'll certainly pass your feedback about this on to our team for consideration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events