Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons on other users' boards

Susannah May 15, 2022

I've created a meal planning system on Trello which others are using.  I've asked each new user to set up their own board from my template and allow me to share the board.

I know that rules and buttons don't copy successfully from one board to another. I've successfully enabled the rules on the new boards, but although I've added the buttons manually to each new copy of the board, and I can see the buttons on the cards, the owners of the boards can't see them.  I've clicked 'Enabled on this Board' for each button.

Some of my users have free Trello and some are trialling the paid version, but it doesn't seem to make any difference which version they have; the problem remains the same.

Is there a solution, please?

3 answers

0 votes
Susannah May 18, 2022

You seem to have sorted the issue for me, folks.  Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to help.  You are wonderful!

0 votes
Susannah May 16, 2022

Thank you so much to everyone who has taken time to help me.  I think the 'shared with workspace' tip was the answer, becasue one of my users has reported that her buttons have appeared this morning.  

Hopefully the other users will report the same, but I'll let you know if they don't for any reason.

Thank you again for your help. 

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2022

Hi @Susannah ! Welcome to the community :) have you checked the option to share the button with the workspace? Butler commands are created at the user level, so in order for others to see and use butler buttons, you need to share them.
Share card button.PNG

Susannah May 15, 2022

Thank you so much, Hannah. 

Yes, this option is checked on my template.  I will check whether I've also done it on their boards - that might help!  I know I've checked 'enabled on this board' on all of them, which I thought would work.  It's odd that I can see the buttons and they can't though.

Just to emphasise; they have copied my original template and allowed me access so I can enable the buttons.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2022

Hmm strange! As far as I know, if you have card and board buttons on your board, and these buttons are shared with the workspace, when someone copies the board, the buttons will follow through with the newly created board. Maybe try test with a dummy Trello account to see if you can recreate the issue? 

Like Susannah likes this
Susannah May 15, 2022

The first thing I did was set up my own copy.  I can see and use all my buttons perfectly well.  But my clients honestly can't.  When the first one said she couldn't I thought she had made a mistake, but someone else has sent me a screenshot and it's absolutely true.  I can't understand it at all.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

I think it works for workspace members. Good if someone  can confirm it. 

Btw, thanks for the referral. 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2022

Maybe they have a 3rd-party app interfering with Trello like a chrome extension? It might be worth reaching out to Trello so they can dig into it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events