Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler trigger when someone other than me changes the description of a card

Gabriel Maung May 20, 2022

I'm trying to get a notification when someone else changes the description on any card.

I can make it happen with this code... 

when the description of a card contains "{carddescription}", send an email notification to "user@company.com" with subject "{listname} Card Description Changed" and message "Description changed for {listname} [{cardname}]({cardlink})\n\nText before:{textbefore}\n\nText after: {textafter}", and post comment "@gabrielmaung Description Changed by {username}"

but then I get notified whenever I change the description on a card.

I'd like it to read more like this code... where I can freely change the descriptions without getting a notification.

when the description of a card contains "{carddescription} by anyone except gabrielmaung", send an email notification to "user@company.com" with subject "{listname} Card Description Changed" and message "Description changed for {listname} [{cardname}]({cardlink})\n\nText before:{textbefore}\n\nText after: {textafter}", and post comment "@gabrielmaung Description Changed by {username}"

I've tried a writing it as "{carddescription} and {username} != gabrielmaung"

"{carddescription} by anyone but {gabrielmaung}"

"{carddescription} and {username} is not @gabrielmaung"

Turning off the rule every time I want to change a description seem counter productive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

You could do something with 2 rules...

Rule 1

"when the description of a card contains {*}, post comment "@{username} has changed the description of this card"

Rule 2

"when a comment containing "regex:/(?!.*?@gabrielmaung has changed the description of this card)^.*$/", send an email notification to "user@company.com" with subject "{listname} Card Description Changed" and message "Description changed for {listname} [{cardname}]({cardlink})\n\nText before:{textbefore}\n\nText after: {textafter}", and post comment "@gabrielmaung Description Changed by {username}

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

@Gabriel Maung 

If it is not a trigger available with Trello automation then you may have to work with Trello webhook to look out for card updates for change in the description field. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events