Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler - set due date to day of month indicated in card name

chivalryfirst January 16, 2020

Hey all!

I want to be able to add a due date to a card via typing a number in the card name. So if I type:

"Email bob on #1"

as the card name (with the "#" just being an arbitrary symbol for the wildcard detector to latch onto), the good-ol butler-bot free-type days would mean typing something like

"when card name contains {#*}, set due date to  {monthnumber}/{cardnamewildcard1}/{yearshort}

But I can't figure out how to use a variable in the due date. in the Power-up version of Butler there's a pretty good variety of options to choose from for setting the due date (or a date in a custom field), but none for using a variable. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi

You dont need to use wildcard.

You can create a rule like this 

when anyone enters a card with a name containing a date, set due on the date and remove the matched text 

This command will automatically add due dates to your cards when you enter a temporal indication in the name, e.g. tomorrow at 10, next tuesday, april 15, 8/6/19, in two working days, before the last Friday of the month, etc.

chivalryfirst January 16, 2020

Hey @Ludo, Thanks for the tip!

How/where can I type that command in? I haven't been able to find where to free-type commands in the power-up version of Butler, just the block interface where you select a trigger and then commands.

Thanks!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Choose

Rules>> type trigger Dates>> select the 3rd option available. 

It contains trigger & action commandscapt.JPG

Like Olivia Henao likes this
Andres LeonRangel February 21, 2021

is there a way to just write commands instead of manually clicking on UI objects?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events