cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler rule automation for when custom field is set is not working

Kim Lemmon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2023

I have set up automation to copy a card from another board and add it to a specific list. That is working. Then I want the custom fields on the copied card to create individual cards named by the custom field value when the custom field is not blank.

when custom field "_Web Post" is set in a card in list "Scheduled Waiting on Content", copy the card to the top of list "Scheduled Waiting on Content", rename the card to "{customfieldvalue}"

It is working but it is creating cards without names when the custom field is empty. I only want it to create cards when the custom field has text.

1 answer

1 vote
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2023

Hi Kim, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is indeed a weird behavior. I tested with my board and wasn't able to reproduce this issue. Which field type did you set for the "_Web Post" Custom Field?
Did you try to use wildcards? Maybe it helps solve your issue: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/pattern-matching-and-wildcards/

If you want to investigate further, would you mind reporting the bug by creating a ticket here: https://trello.com/contact

Kim Lemmon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2023

They are text custom fields that are a duplicate of Amazing Fields data. I don't think I can use a wildcard pattern because every custom field has different information every time it is set.

Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2023

Hi Kim,

We would need to test it with Amazing Fields and check if this is an issue with the Power-Up or Trello. I can see that you already created a ticket with us, so my colleague Guilherme will help you with this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events