• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler report email markdown table support

Hi All, 

We have a number of boards that I would like to generate reports from. These need to be in table format for ease of readability. 

I can generate the correct markdown to format the report as a table but they render incorrectly due to the removal or addition of extra spaces in the output email. 

here are a couple of examples with test data;

Input to the send an email notification message box:

| Syntax | Description | Test Text |
| :--- | :----: | ---: |
| Header | Title | Text |

Output in the email::

| Syntax | Description | Test Text | | :--- | :----: | ---: | | Header | Title | Text | 

white space removed!

AND 

Input to the send an email notification message box:

| Syntax | Description | Test Text | \n
| :--- | :----: | ---: | \n
| Header | Title | Text | \n\n

Output in the email:

| Syntax | Description | Test Text |

| :--- | :----: | ---: |

| Header | Title | Text |

Extra line breaks added! 

I have tried lots of other variations too and nothing seems to work. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance 

Tosh 

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 16, 2020

@Tosh Brown @Michel Valstar if you want them in a table format you might be better exporting either as CSV (if you have business class and the default export format suits you), or using a power up like Board Export from Adaptavist, or Blue Cat reports.

Alternatively, you can write your own reports using the API. There's a good baseline for this using Google Apps Script published here:

http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/automated-trello-reporting-using-google-spreadsheets

Or you could use Trellinator, here's a basic example:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/7e28a43ec46a2050fd497e52f44ed57e

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes

I had a similar problem while creating a report that made an unordered (bullet point) list of cards. For some reason, after the first card to be reported on in the list, every next card was double-indented in the bullet list, indicating two white space characters. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get rid of this mystery white space that is added.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

837 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you