Butler not working after rename column

Lex August 23, 2022

Hi!

I have a column with name "IN PROGRESS v1.2.1". I set up butler rule for card button: 

move the card to the top of list "IN PROGRESS v1.2.1", set due date now, and mark the due date as complete

Every week I want to rename this column to IN PROGRESS v1.2.2/IN PROGRESS v1.2.3 etc. 

But my butler rules not working in this case. When I push the button after column renaming Butler add new another column in the end of board and move my card there. 

Is there any way to connect butler rule to ID column or something else to save my butler rule for my column with dynamically name?

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Lex got another idea. What if you set up a rule and each week, you rename the inprogress list to InProgress {weeknumber}.

(like this)

image.png

And then you can update your rule to say

move the card to the top of list "IN PROGRESS {weeknumber}", set due date now, and mark the due date as complete
Lex August 24, 2022

Thank you for your answer, but this way doesn't suit me(( Because names of my column versions are dynamic (1.1.2/1.1.3/than could be 1.2.1 etc). It not depends on weeknumer. I thought that trello has other way to connect via id column it could be more comfortable. 

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Lex the only way i can think to do it is have some part of the current card that references the updated list name. For instance, maybe you have a custom field called something (I'll say - "list" for this example) with a dropdown that shows which `in progress` list it is, and then you can set that value each week, and then instead of "IN PROGRESS v.1.2.1", you could say {{%list}} (with custom fields variables). this seems a bit convoluted, and every week you'd need to add another dropdown field for that week, and remember to update that for every card. So I'm not sure this is actually a good solution. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events