Butler error CANT_PARSE_COMMAND

Roger Cavanagh May 3, 2019

I a very new Trello user with a business class account. I have been experimenting with Butler and have successfully added several commands. All of a sudden I have started to get the message CANT_PARSE_COMMAND when I try to save a new calendar command.

I cannot find any reference to this error message to investigate what is going wrong.

Anyone got any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

@Roger Cavanagh I just did a quick test and was able to create the following command:

the moment a card is due, move the card to the top of list "Inbox"

Can you provide some more details about what the command you're creating is and how you're creating it?

Iain,

The problem seems to have resolved itself after I deleted the offending rule. I was trying to create something like:

On Friday at 11:30 add a card Do This to MyBoard

The first time I tried to create the rule from scratch I got the "CANT_PARSE_COMMAND" message and it kept reappearing, even when I changed the command to match something that already worked.

I tried duplicating an existing rule and modifying it... same error.

I loaded to another board and successfully created the command there. I managed to create a couple of new rules, but now the error has reappeared. Here's a screenshot.Screenshot 2019-05-03 11.49.50.png

Another snip:

Screenshot 2019-05-03 11.51.34.png

I'm using macOS 10.14.4 and Safari 12.1

Michael Wolfe
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

Are there any other options set?  I believe I set everything the same as you have it, but I was able create the rule successfully. Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 11.10.33 AM.png

Michael,

Not sure where to look for “other options”. This problem seems to come and go. I have been able to create other commands since the last failure, including the one that that failed earlier.

🥴🥴🥴

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events