Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler creatorusername and creatorfullname variable

Beth Maxwell June 9, 2020

I have the following rule on active on a board:

"when a card is created in list "Agenda", set custom field "Submitted By" to "{creatorfullname}", set date custom field "Added" to now, add the green "Discuss this Week" label to the card, set due on the date in custom field "Added", set custom field "Meeting Date" to "{date=2wd}", set due today at 1:00 pm, sort the list by custom field "Added" descending, add an empty checklist named "Actions Items" to the card, and add member @{creatorusername} to the card"

This rule has been working as expected for months.  Recently I noticed that full name is no longer being added to submitted by custom field. Instead I am seeing two different entries for different users. 

- for me it is not entering my full name or Trello username. It is using the username from my email address. 

- for others it is using their Trello username.

Did this {creatorfullname} variable change?  If so, what is the new variable for it? 

I am guessing that the username changes are related to whether or not you connect your Trello account to your Atlassian account but I have not see documentation on it. I am not sure why the {creatorfullname} is no longer working. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Beth Maxwell June 10, 2020

I heard back from Trello Support and this issue is related to Atlassian Public name which is different than Name and Trello username. I updated that field and the commend works again. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

@Beth Maxwell I'm not sure why creatorfullname isn't working for you, I just tested a direct API call on a user token that has migrated to an Atlassian account and I can still get the full name of the user. Are you using Butler Bot as opposed to the powerup/integrated version?

I just tested in the integrated version and creatorfullname works in the following command:

when a card is created in the board by anyone, post comment "username: {username} fullname: {fullname} creator: {creatorfullname}"

but so do username and fullname, they're all the same user. Again this is on a user that has been migrated to an Atlassian account. If you're still using Butler Bot, this might just be the wheels falling off, I know that they're planning to stop supporting it at some point, might be a good idea to start bringing things over into the new version.

Also, shouldn't your command say "{date+2wd}" instead of "{date=2wd}"?

Beth Maxwell June 10, 2020

@Iain Dooley thank you for your response.  I am not using ButlerBot.  I am using power up version. 

I heard back from Trello Support and this issue is related to Atlassian Public name which is different than Name and Trello username. I updated that field and the command works again. 

To answer your final question, no, "{date=2wd}" should not be"{date+2wd}" . 

I want the date in that field to always be Tuesday at 1pm which is what {date=2wd} gives me.  If I used {date+2wd} it would be 2 working days after the date the card was created.  

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

@Beth Maxwell whoa! neat trick, I didn't know about the date=2wd syntax!! Thanks for sharing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events