Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler commands for renaming a list using custom fields.

Beth_Maxwell August 18, 2020

I am trying to rename a list using a Custom Field.

The command I am trying to use is "move all the cards in list "Ready for Release" to list "Archive: Sprint #" on board "SCS Website Sprint: Archive", and rename list "Archive: Sprint #" to "Archive: Sprint # {{%Sprint #}}"

This does not work.  Does anyone have any other idea for creating lists with incremental numbering? 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2020

@Beth_Maxwell I think you'll find the issue is that because you're using "move all cards" there's no single card in scope to read the variable value from, so you'd need to look up a card, but there's no find/lookup action in board buttons.

One option that might work would be to have the current sprint number in your Ready for Release list, and do something like:

move all the cards in list "Ready for Release #{*}" to list "Archive: Sprint #{wildcard1}" on board "SCS Website Sprint: Archive"

I *think* that it will just create the list if it doesn't exist, then you just need to update your sprint number in your release list name each new sprint. You could try automating that also by doing something like:

when a card is moved to list "Ready for Release #{*}" rename the list to "Ready for Release #{{%Sprint #}}" so that the list name automatically inherits the sprint number from any card you move into it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events