cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler check-item action based on a linked card

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi everyone! I'm needing a bit of Butler help. This is what I'm wanting to achieve:

1. "When an item is added to a checklist, convert the item to a linked card"
2. "When a card moves to the "Done" list, mark the linked check-item as complete"

I've created the first statement which looks like this:
Screenshot 2021-04-16 123016.png
So far so good.

The part I'm struggling with is the second statement. I've tried a few things using the cascade action and variables, but I'm not very familiar with that part of Butler
Screenshot 2021-04-16 123408.png

TIA! :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows - Thanks for reaching out to the Community! You were very close with your current set up. Here's how the rule should look:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/RBuYy8Qe

We're first going to 'find the first card linked in the attachments' on your link card which should be the card where your checklist lives. Then we're going to use the `{triggercardlink}` variable instead of `{triggercardname}` as the checklist item is actually a link when it's converted to a link card; Trello just automatically converts the link to a stylised version of the card which shows the title.

I hope that helps!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Amazing - thank you, Lam! All working smoothly 😎

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events