Butler - card content change + e-mailed in

Stijn Van Doninck April 6, 2021

Hi All,

I just started to use Butler for Trello and am very excited of its functionalities!

However, I'm still a newbie and need to digest more learning material to improve my skills.

Currently I am using Trello as tool to follow inbound shipments, including the ETA date in the card name. As this date can change and more oftenly does, I would like to automatically inform my stakeholders of this change.

To be specific:

When an ETA changes, the stakeholder should get an e-mail with changed ETA date and related card name.

I managed to set up a rule that e-mails an ETA change on a certain board when a checklist is completed, but it does not relate specific data from the card (its name and changed ETA date).

So here's where I got stuck and could do with a little advice from the experts.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

@Stijn Van Doninck 

Once the card is created with the ETA on the card name it is just part of a string not a variable. However you rename the card using {{%ETA}}. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

@Stijn Van Doninck 

For “but it does not relate specific data from” - presumably you want to add variables like {triggercardname} or {{%ETA}} to the email body. Is that what you are asking?

Thx for the fast reply!

I think it concerns indeed variables like {triggercardname} or {{%ETA}} to be added to the email body.

However, I'm not familiar with variables, still have to learn this part.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2021

Thank you very much!

Created following rule:

when the "ETA change" label is added to a card by anyone, send an email notification to "person@domain.com" with subject "ETA Change! {triggercardname}" and message "ETA of {triggercardname} -- new ETA {{%ETA}}"

I included a label ETA change to have "manual control" over any ETA change so not every change is reported.

Just have to sort out when the particular notification is e-mailed in upon addition of the label.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events