Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Butler calendar command duplicately runs 3 times on Monday if timezone changes

Context

Calendar Command

every weekday at 1:00 am, rename list "Done Today" to "{date-1wd~dddd, MMMM Do YYYY}", create a unique list named "Done Today", move list "Done Today" to position 4, sort the cards in list "Backlog" by due date ascending and then by label red "Must", orange "Should", green "Could" ascending, and move each card in list "Backlog" due in less than 1 days to the bottom of list "To Do Today"

Symptom

After my timezone changed from PDT to CDT, the calendar command above had 3 duplicate runs every Monday morning (Sunday 11:08 PM PDT == Monday 01:08AM CDT), as if it's making up for the 2 weekend days.

As seen from the log below, it ran three times on the same day.

Untitled.png

This seems to be a bug? Any workaround is also welcomed as I do travel a lot. Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Felix Atlassian Team Sep 07, 2021

Hey @anton.qiu - thanks for the detailed description!

I'm currently working on chasing this issue down and fixing it, with the help of the Butler team. We're aware that some scheduled commands are running multiple times erroneously - it seems to be happening specifically at "busy" times (when a lot of commands are running).

A workaround for now may be to set your command to run at a less busy time (anything that's not a xx:00 time is a good start 😅, so in your case, 01:13AM instead of 01:00AM, for example).

Thanks Felix. I'll set it to run at a less busy time and monitor it for a week. 

Like Felix likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,406 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you