Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: automation of bulk-moving cards from two lists, with a specific label, to a single list

Christopher Escalona December 10, 2020

Hi Community,

I have a pickle with a butler automation. I've made a board button with the intent to move cards from my two lists 'doing' and 'pending' with the green label 'done' to my list 'done'.

The button works as long as I only move cards from one of the lists to the 'done' list. However, when I individually select both lists under the 'move each card' option. The automation runs but nothing happens.

I've set it up the following way

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.44.19.pngyet when I press the button nothing happens. I'm given the following message:
Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 16.45.41.png
This is really frustrating me! Does anyone have any solution to this?

2 answers

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2020

I don't think having multiple "in list" filters works - it's an "AND" filter not an "OR" filter, and because cards can only be in a single list (not in "Pending" AND in "Doing"), Butler won't match any cards.

Do you need to specify the list names at all, or would it be viable to just move all cards with the green "Done" label when you click the button?

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 11.00.02 AM.png

You could also consider using rules, or Calendar commands, to have this happen for you automatically, without needing to click the button.

Hi @Felix

Thanks for your reply - ok, gotcha. I think your example would work just fine, I will try it out and come back with an answer as to if it worked.

How would a calendar command e.g. work? I am not sure I quite follow this. Sorry, rather new to the whole process of automation! :)

Oh, it appears I've run out of prompts for the period. I will give an update on the next period, when I've had the chance to try it out :)

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal

Thanks for your speedy reply :)

I already checked those resources, but to no avail. I couldn't find any description or solution to my problem. The automation works with a single list, but not with both - even though I followed the instructions, as shown in my screenshots :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events