Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Butler: Set due date acording to start date

- looking for a way to automatically set the due date acording to the start date, like this: {cardstartdate+3wd}

- Butler actions for date seem not to alow any relation to start date or do I miss something?

- does anyone knows a workaround?

(...{cardstartdate+3wd} as a comment or as description works fine)

(have tried to work with a date custom field, but a date custom field doesnt alow any relation to start date either?)

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

Hi @vertikaldienst ! At the moment, it's not possible to set a due date using a variable with butler. You can however use variables in custom fields!

I'd suggest creating a custom field (date type) as a sort of proxy. Your command could look like this:

set due date variable.PNG

If you don't have access to custom fields because you're on a free plan, there's another way to achieve this without using custom fields. The above example is the most straightforward option that I know of, but happy to share the alternative if you need that :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,397 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you