It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler: Set card due date to variable based on list title?

Hi all, trying to make all cards I move to a list to adopt the due date specified by the list name. Example: list is called WEEK 6/24 - 6/30 --> the card should get due date 6/30.

Unfortunately, I've only found out how to extract and assign that date for a custom text field, but not to a custom date field. As reference, this is the code to add the date to the custom text field:

when a card is added to list "WEEK {*} - {*}", set custom field "Due date AUTO" to "{wildcard2}"

How can I assign this {wildcard2} date to a custom date field, or even better, directly to the card's due date using Butler? Thanks for any insights. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 25, 2019

@Carlos you'll probably need to reformat the date so that it's a complete date. So for example you might need to add the year, which should be available as a variable. You might also need to split the month/day up by changing your pattern to {*}/{*} and then setting the date in the format YYYY-MM-DD.

What I would do is first establish what date format you need in order to set the date field by just hard coding a date eg:

set custom field "Due date AUTO" to "2019-07-01"

or:

set custom field "Due date AUTO" to "6/30/2019"

whatever works, then reformat the month/day however you need it and add the year in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,569 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you