Butler: Set card due date to variable based on list title?

Carlos June 25, 2019

Hi all, trying to make all cards I move to a list to adopt the due date specified by the list name. Example: list is called WEEK 6/24 - 6/30 --> the card should get due date 6/30.

Unfortunately, I've only found out how to extract and assign that date for a custom text field, but not to a custom date field. As reference, this is the code to add the date to the custom text field:

when a card is added to list "WEEK {*} - {*}", set custom field "Due date AUTO" to "{wildcard2}"

How can I assign this {wildcard2} date to a custom date field, or even better, directly to the card's due date using Butler? Thanks for any insights. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

@Carlos you'll probably need to reformat the date so that it's a complete date. So for example you might need to add the year, which should be available as a variable. You might also need to split the month/day up by changing your pattern to {*}/{*} and then setting the date in the format YYYY-MM-DD.

What I would do is first establish what date format you need in order to set the date field by just hard coding a date eg:

set custom field "Due date AUTO" to "2019-07-01"

or:

set custom field "Due date AUTO" to "6/30/2019"

whatever works, then reformat the month/day however you need it and add the year in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events