Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Rule Blank Start Date

Alec_Krohto June 17, 2020

I am wondering if there is a way to add a Butler rule using a custom field of a start date, find cards in a list that do not have a start date and then assign a specific date to those cards. 

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020
0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

Huh, a bit late, didn't think this was possible but I think I found a way with a Card Button.

Just to be sure, you just want a way to fill in empty date custom fields after the fact right? The important bit is that you can filter card collection (to a Checklist) by whether a customfield has been completed or not (filled in), and then act on the checklist.
image.png
You'd have to hardcode the input date you want every time.. It might be possible to set the startDate on the trigger card, to be copied in to all the found cards, accessed somehow via Variables, but that escapes me for now.

Edit: in hindsight, not having tested this fully, the last two lines may or may not short-circuit the loop.. If it does, you can get rid of it and just remove the toUpdate checklist manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events