Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Powerup chained commands not working

Matteus Johansson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2021

Hi everyone

I've heared that chained commands are supposed to work using the Butler Powerup (as opposed to older Butlerbot).

However, I've created an automation that:

Listens for changes in Due Date and:

If a Due Date is set that is sooner than 4 weeks it copies itself (the card) and then moves the Due Date on the original card forward 1 week.

This automation sometimes clearly triggers itself, but only as long as the incremented due date stays within 4 weeks so it won't create an endless loop.

However, the automation only runs once, and when checking the automation log there is a warning message that a potential infinite loop has been triggered, and as a precautionary consequence the automation is terminated.

How do I get past this? I thought that the Butler Powerup did not have this limitation. I have a business account.

Thank you very much in advance

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2021

@Matteus Johansson  encounter this recent. I have Butler watch for a card using {* }. In attempt to rename the card, this was flagged. Just have to look at how the renamed card does not trigger the same rule. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events