Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Power Up with cardname matching and additional trigger conditions

Daniel Potter January 14, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Butler and finally getting around to changing my commands over from the bot into the power up.

With the bot, we were able to run commands like:

When a card with the blue "Recurring" label is added to the board, match "{cardname}" to "{*}: {*}" and copy card to list "{wildcard1} EPIC" on board "EPICS BACKLOG"

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this same matching condition in the power up? I can't seem to find it. 

Also, we use a lot of commands that have multiple conditions on the trigger, for example:

When the name of a card in list "Reactive Done" with a name containing "[{*}]" is changed, match {textbefore} to "{*} [{*}]" and decrease {{Reactive_actual}} by {wildcard2}, match {textafter} to "{*} [{*}]" and increase {{Reactive_actual}} by {wildcard2}, find card "Reactive Actual" and Display "{{Reactive_actual}}" in purple with title "Reactive Actual Time Spent"

Any ideas? I'm hoping these things are still possible with the power up as they are part of what makes the butler SO GOOD!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

@Daniel Potter I never migrated from the bot to the powerup, I wrote Trellinator to replace butler with a more robust coding environment:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

Once things get suitably complicated Butler kind of goes out of scope ... 

I don't know to what extent Bot commands can be replicated in the power up, you'll get a better response from Butler's support or slack channel on that, but I ported about 1600 Butler commands into Trellinator for my clients so I can tell you that the path to migration away from butler bot is there if the power up doesn't support your requirements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events