Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler - Is it possible to add a card to the list where the trigger happened ?

HugoMaffre September 20, 2022

Hello There,

I want to do my action in the trigger's list.

For example, on date add on a particular card in a list, I want a card created in the current list.

In the butler I can chose a particular list, but not the current one where the action happened. Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

I am not sure what trigger you are explaining but I think I know how to get around the list problem. There is a function in Butler where if you use {*} where you could type a name of something it stores it as a variable and can later be referred to as {wildcard1}. 

The rule below performs the action you are looking for I am just unclear about what trigger you are wanting to use.

when a due date is set on a card in list "{*}", create a new card with title "This is the new card" in list "{wildcard1}"

Hope this helps

HugoMaffre September 21, 2022

Thanks for you answer, indeed it helps. 

I checked the documentation about butler variables and it contains everything I need, I just didn't know this documentation existed.

Thanks !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events