Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: How to add a label every Sunday

simon May 7, 2020

Hi,

I'd like to add the label "overdue" every Sunday to all cards on the list "This week". I can't seem to figure out how to do that with Butler. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
simon May 7, 2020

Thank you Iain. Didn't think of that but it doesn't solve my problem:

In general I don't use due dates. I have a list "This week" and "Next week" and "Later" (and others). Every Sunday I'd like for the cards in "This week" to somehow be marked so I can see they are overdue. And after that, I want to move all cards from "Next week" to "This week".

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

Hi @simon 

Because you don't set due dates, I would recommend that you set up an 'Overdue' list. Then every Sunday you can have a calendar command that looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 17.16.13.png

Then:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 17.16.26.pngThen:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 17.19.05.png

Then:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 17.16.44.png

So that will move all the cards from 'This Week' that haven't been done, into 'Overdue' and then move 'Next Week' into 'This Week' - make sure that these are in that order, otherwise the actions won't work and you'll end up with everything in the 'Overdue' list and nothing in the other two!

Hope this helps

Esme :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

If you go to the Calendar section of Butler, you can set a trigger for certain days (Sunday), and then you can tie actions to that. I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're wanting to accomplish, so I can't really help with setting up the right trigger. 

You can do a couple things although I don't specifically see adding a label. 

1) You can move the cards to a list called "overdue" based on their current due date.

2) You can sort cards in a list by due date

I think if it were me, i would set up a Bulter rule to add a due date of Saturday to each card that is created in a week, and then when you go in on Sunday, you can filter your baord by "overdue cards" and see all the ones that are overdue, rather than needing a label.

A few other alternatives just in case that doesn't help....

You could use the card aging power-up to show "older" cards vs newer ones in the list. 

You could also use the bulk edits powerup to change the labels to all the cards in there at once. 

Otherwise, if you have automation for the new cards that come into this week on Sunday, perhaps you could add some logic on those that add a label when they move into the This Week list that says "current week". 

Does any of this help?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2020

@simon the due date on cards goes red when overdue, and you can also filter cards on the board to show those which are overdue, so using due dates would function the same way as an overdue label, so you can just set any cards you create in a To Do list to be due this sunday and then they'll go overdue. You could optionally trigger a command when the cards become due as well:

2020-05-07 at 11.40 pm.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events