Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler - Error converting list item to card

Jennie Griner July 16, 2020

I'm strugging, and getting frustrated especially since I had this all working this morning even and the rule was accidentally deleted and since I've tried recreating it I can't get it to work and I've used up my whole quota trying to get this to work (hey, once it works, it will be glorious, right?).

So here's my finished command (I can share the editor too if needed):

when a card with the black "Checklist" label is added to list "Facebook Party: In Progress", set custom field "Host" to "{cardname}", set due the next wednesday at 9:30 pm, for each checklist item, convert the item to a linked card at the bottom of list "Facebook Party: To Do List" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", set due the next wednesday at 9:30 pm, set custom field "Host" to "{triggercardname}", and set the card's description to "{cardname}"

When I attempt to run it though, it gets to the point of converting the list item to a card and it fails with the following: "This action requires a checklist item name, or a trigger related to a checklist item, e.g. when an item is checked."

Now I know that I had it set up the exact same way before it was accidentally deleted and I can't figure out for the life of me what might be different.

I did try to use the "convert all the items in checklist' function as well, and it did created the linked cards, but then that continued into ALL the cards linked in the checklist (I had some linked as part of the actual checklist item), not just the new ones that the rule made, and changed the fields there as well, which was loads of fun when it overwrote a very long description that i was not expecting.

What else do I need to show you guys? Any ideas? Of course I can't test anything for like two weeks now, which makes it even harder.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

Hey Jennie,

So sorry to hear about the trouble with that command.

Our team did catch a bug that was causing the "for each" action to not operate properly. That should be fixed now, but if you have any other questions or trouble, can you send us a message over at https://trello.com/contact please?

We'll be happy to help you get things back on track!

Jennie Griner July 17, 2020

Great thank you! I decided I needed to  use my checklist so I was going to manually use it without the bells and whistles and to my surprise, not only did the operations up to that point work, but the whole thing worked! It looks like I was graced with some temporary quota too, which was helpful as I didn't know that there was a quota until was poking around.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events