Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Custom Field

Jimmy Coulson April 1, 2019

I have a set date in a custom field. I want to set a trigger that moves the card to the top of the list thus issuing a notification once the date in the custom field is reached.

I set up the below:

//when custom field "Test" is set to a date less than 1 hours from now, move the card to the //top of the list

But when it came within an hour of the time listed in the custom field nothing happened.

3 answers

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2019

@Jimmy Coulson 

Hi Jimmy,

I just checked the available triggers for date custom fields, and it appears the choice you made is correct so far.

I became aware that other users were complaining that Butler seemed to have stopped working for some time in the last days. Can you check the status log for this command and see if you got an error message there? If not, please run the command again and see if something happens now. Check the status log and attach a screenshot of the full command here if you need further assistance.

P.S. To check the command's status log, open the Butler Power-Up, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner, then "Account", then "Usage Log" and search for the command in the list and check the status message.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

@Jimmy Coulson the trigger "When a custom field is set" applies when the custom field is set, not an offset from when it is due.

I don't think you can use a due date offset from a custom field value, even if it's a date custom field value, but you can do so with a due date.

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Coulson

I'm not too familiar with Butler, hopefully someone more clever will help you out. However in the meantime, if all else fail, you could consider Zapier. It's a bit more convoluted to set up automation than in Butler (I assume) but it works for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events