Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: Creating rules that refer to list POSITION, not list name

Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum January 3, 2020

Back before Trello made Butler more user-friendly, there was an ability to create rules that referenced a list's position, rather than its name. (see this Help article for evidence: https://help.trello.com/article/1173-reference-list-by-position-instead-of-name)

Now, however, I can't see any way to do so. When I create a command in the Butler interface, it always wants a list name reference (from an automatically-populated dropdown).

Ultimately, I want to create a rule that on Monday, all cards from List #3 are moved to List #2 and sorted by due date.

(I want this because List 2 is "THIS WEEK" and Lists 3–52 are weekly lists that I move as the weeks pass, such that the current week is always in position #3.)

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Emmanuel Guyot March 20, 2020

Hi,

I confirm that, according to documentation (https://help.trello.com/article/1173-reference-list-by-position-instead-of-name), #1 should work.

But it doesn't! Is this a bug or is there something special when using this ?

Best regards

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Hi @Emmanuel Guyot 

That page was last updated on December 18, 2018 - Butler has been bought by Trello since then and doesn't allow for list numbers any more.

Sorry :(

Emmanuel Guyot March 23, 2020

Ok :-(

Thank you for your reply, I stop my investigations.

Best regards

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Hi @Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum 

I didn't use Butler before the Trello acquisition, so I can't say whether this works or not, but you can type in #2 or 3 or whatever. I don't know if it'll work or not, but you can type in rather than picking a list.

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 17.52.51.pngEsme :)

Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum January 7, 2020

Great thinking! But unfortunately, this does not work. :(Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 2.22.28 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events