It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler: Creating rules that refer to list POSITION, not list name

Back before Trello made Butler more user-friendly, there was an ability to create rules that referenced a list's position, rather than its name. (see this Help article for evidence: https://help.trello.com/article/1173-reference-list-by-position-instead-of-name)

Now, however, I can't see any way to do so. When I create a command in the Butler interface, it always wants a list name reference (from an automatically-populated dropdown).

Ultimately, I want to create a rule that on Monday, all cards from List #3 are moved to List #2 and sorted by due date.

(I want this because List 2 is "THIS WEEK" and Lists 3–52 are weekly lists that I move as the weeks pass, such that the current week is always in position #3.)

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Jan 05, 2020

Hi @Eva Galanes-Rosenbaum 

I didn't use Butler before the Trello acquisition, so I can't say whether this works or not, but you can type in #2 or 3 or whatever. I don't know if it'll work or not, but you can type in rather than picking a list.

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 17.52.51.pngEsme :)

Great thinking! But unfortunately, this does not work. :(Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 2.22.28 PM.png

Hi,

I confirm that, according to documentation (https://help.trello.com/article/1173-reference-list-by-position-instead-of-name), #1 should work.

But it doesn't! Is this a bug or is there something special when using this ?

Best regards

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Mar 20, 2020

Hi @Emmanuel_Guyot 

That page was last updated on December 18, 2018 - Butler has been bought by Trello since then and doesn't allow for list numbers any more.

Sorry :(

Ok :-(

Thank you for your reply, I stop my investigations.

Best regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,492 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you