Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Card Buttons 'Close Card' selection not working

MC July 5, 2019

When creating a Butler Card Button and selecting the option to Close Card, when the card button is clicked, it successfully performs the Action(s), but doesn't close the card. I've tried deleting the button and recreating new buttons, clearing out browser cookies and cache, etc., with no luck. This issue occurs on all boards, and there are no errors in the Command log.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Luca Cavallini October 2, 2020

This is not an answer, just a comment.

That function is not working with me either, my card just stays there.

Community manager please, do not answer "I just tested this and it works for me", that's not how software developement works.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

@Luca Cavallini I suggested that they record it happening and send it to Trello support rather than asking in the community, I recommend you do the same.

FYI “works for me” has been a resolution in bug tracking software since time immemorial. Reproducing a problem is exactly how software development works. 

0 votes
Dirk Hofmann August 31, 2020

I have a business class account. It doesn't work on my boards. Any suggestions?

BR

Dirk

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

@Dirk Hofmann just to clarify, when it says "close the card" it means closing the card "back" view, as in analogous to hitting the "X" button in the top right or hitting the "escape" key, it doesn't refer to archiving the card (that's a separate action). 

Dirk Hofmann September 1, 2020

Yes, that is what I mean.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2020

@Dirk Hofmann as above, I just tested this and it works for me, I'd recommend doing a screencast with loom.com showing the behaviour and submitting it to trello support by going to trello.com/contact and submitting the question to trello rather than to the community (you'll need to scroll past their automated suggestions to get to the button to submit your question to the trello team).

0 votes
Stan Green May 18, 2020

Not sure why this site only allows for "Answer" and not add comments.

Anyway...

I don't have an answer but can confirm Butler is NOT closing cards when the action is complete. I have been using Butler for a while and I can tell you that this used to work. It only recently stopped working.

I only have a free account, so I cannot report this to Support.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2020

@Stan Green free accounts can report to support, just go to trello.com/contact and submit the question to Trello, you'll have to scroll past the automated suggestions in order to click the button to submit to Trello support

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2019

@MC In what sense are you trying to close the card? Do you mean archive the card or close the card back view (ie. the same as pressing the escape key or closing with the "X" in the top right)

MC July 6, 2019

Hi,

Trying to close the card back view. 

Thank you. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2019

@MC okay I can see this option now, I just tested it and it worked, I'd recommend taking a screencast using useloom.com and emailing to support@trello.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events