Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Bot Commands-How can I give Butler Bot a command to when multiple labels are added to cards

Production Admin June 5, 2019

I want to ask Butler Bot to copy any cards with a red label ( each red label has a different name) to another board. I can give it the command for an 1 red label but how do I add other labels to the same command. I can only seem to give one command for each label. there are around 9 labels we use that whenever they are added to cards I need the card to be moved to a board. i don't want to create 9 different commands.

another question, how do I mirror the card that I just copied over to a new board, so that whatever happens on the original card gets mirrored onto the copied card.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Production Admin July 4, 2019

Thanks. I am  already creating a command each for the labels and they do work but as you say it might not always work if I put all the labels in one command as I have 11 red issues labels.

Can you give me an example command to sync the labels and comments.

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

@Production Admin 

I'd say it would be best when you set up a feature request and ask for triggers that accept multiple labels. This would not only help you but also others who are in a similar situation.

To set up a feature request, open Butler, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on Account.

For syncing:

You first need to make sure there is a connection between the two cards you want to sync. This connection would have to be created in a previous step.

And then you set up syncing commands, like:

Labels: when a label is added to a card, find the card linked in the attachments and add label

Comments: when a comment is added to a card, find the card linked in the attachments and add comment

- Does that help?

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

@Production Admin 

Does your question really refer to the ButlerBot or do you mean the Butler Power-Up??

Production Admin July 3, 2019

I guess it refers to Butler

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2019

@Production AdminI think the best is to create two commands for copying cards over: one for each red label (given that you have two red labels; if you have three, you would have to set up three commands).

Theoretically, you could do it with one command, but there seems to be the and/or connection missing in the command setup, which requires some testing how it actually comes out. Setting up a command for each red label puts you on the safer side.

In regards to card syncing:

You will have to set up a command for each feature that you want to have synced to the other board, like comments, labels, due date, description, etc.

- Does that help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events