Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Copy Cards to Multiple Boards in Trello

Deleted user May 25, 2021

At our company, we use Trello boards per client. We define 'common' cards that need to be carried into each board. Doing that 100+ times is time-consuming. Is there a way to carry a single card or list into multiple boards with a single action?

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

@[deleted] This Trellinator function would copy a card to all other boards whenever you add the "Common" label to it:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/2ffce3d3089ec6580ad011181314e616

You could install that as a listener active on "all boards" via BenkoBot:

https://app.benkobot.com/

That way whereever you add the "Common" label, it will disburse that card to the top of the first list in any other boards you're a member of. Since it removes the label before copying, the action of copying the cards won't trigger another copy, and it will not copy the card to the board on which the original action occurred.

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 👋

Welcome to the Community! This is an interesting question, within a board you have automation capabilities available via Butler however these automations are usually specific to each board.

My initial thought is are these 'common' cards usually transferred when a new board is set up for a client or are they cards that are being added to pre-existing boards? I ask because if it's a new board each time what I would recommend is setting up a template board that contains these 'common' cards and each time simply duplicate the board that way it only needs to happen once per board.

Let me know if this helps if not I can put my thinking cap on and see if there are any other options for you 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Hi Jacki! Would it just need to be a "one-off" copy and paste of one card to many boards? Or would you need it to be an ongoing sync (i.e. if the original card gets updated in some way, that update syncs to the other cards)? Also, how many client boards are you working with? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events