Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Backtick markdown buggy

hirvitek March 5, 2020

Cannot use backticks to wrap code in any cards => `hello` 

The UI freezes after I type ` and creates graphic artifacts. At the moment I am not able to use them.

System: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Browser: Chrome 79.0.3945.130 (64-bit)

It is pretty much happening randomly

Any help? Thanks

screenshot-trello.com-2020.02.12-13_00_49.pngscreenshot-trello.com-2020.02.12-13_01_02.png

2 answers

1 vote
Andrzej Bogdanowicz September 18, 2020

I have the same issue :(

This is happening only with Trello and I am also using backtick very frequently, and I have never had any problem.

Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Chrome 85.0.4183.102

0 votes
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hi there!

By looking at your first screenshot it seems that your OS is adding the sign to the letters. Do you happen to have other languages set up on your keyboard settings, that would allow for this to happen?

Also, by looking at your second screenshot, it seems that despite what you see on the edit field, Trello is recognizing the backticks and starting the code block in the first one it sees, and ending in the last one.

Do you face that issue if you copy and paste something like this: example `code` ?

If the issue does not happen by copy and pasting, we can determine that the issue is with the input and is likely related to your keyboard or keyboard settings. Would you mind playing around with it and letting me know how it goes?

hirvitek March 19, 2020

Unfortunately is still happening. 

I am 100% sure is not an input problem as this is happening only with Trello. I am using backtick very frequently, and I have never had any problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events