Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boards disappeared

Mário Almeida April 23, 2021

Today, when I entered in Trello, all my boards disappeared, as if it's the first time I entered the app

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawnee Hoover April 24, 2021

HELP! Same - The board name is there but it’s blank, all the cards are gone. I have no one else connected to it. All my other boards are there and populated - except this most important board.

It has something to do with logging in to Atlassian I think!  I tried logging in yesterday and it wouldn’t take my Trello login and forced me to create a login w atlassien. I used the same login as Trello. Now, it’s gone. Though yesterday it was there and working!

I’m freaking out. If a board can just disappear then this whole app is worthless!

Shawnee Hoover April 24, 2021

UPDATE: On my laptop the Board was open with all the content there so I copied the Board and now the copied Board can be viewed on my phone. The original Board content is still blank on my phone. This is messed up - I don’t think we can trust this platform. Esp. since there’s no customer service to call and help troubleshoot. 

Like emmalouise johnson likes this
drakeltd April 24, 2021

My laptop and iphone are now using the same Board.

On your laptop try locating the <Member Name>'s WORKSPACE. I did this by clicking the "Boards" icon on the Ribbon with "Trello" occupying most of the Ribbon space. Other icones in the Ribbon are "9 dots icon" <house icon> <Jump to ... magnifying glass icon" and the "Trello icon".

This opens a side menu.

Under the <Member Name>'s WORKSPACE heading I found My old Board- with the same old image.

The migration seems to have relocated the Board from "Personal" to <Member Name>'s WORKSPACE.

Like Shawnee Hoover likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
drakeltd April 23, 2021

The same thing happened to me. Luckily I had a mobile phone version that was still open. I used the Board Menu (Tp the moble app ... in the top right corner), From the members, selected the Member (that was me) and I could see my member name for the board.

I used the Member Name when logging on to the laptop app to login. You will also need to know the email address and password to login to your trello account.

Mário Almeida April 23, 2021

thanks

Like Philip Drake likes this
0 votes
Andrew Harvey October 4, 2023

Same ! Tbh I just want a refund ! Can’t seem to get support for it … my Board looks like it appears , then disappears and im in a page to set my first board ! 

Philip Drake October 13, 2023

I use the free version.

However I don't rely on it.

I've found the iphone version more reliabe than the PC version.

I keep the iphone version open all the time.

I occasionally go into the PC version, just to make sure the connection is still intact.

0 votes
Deleted user September 11, 2023

I have the same issue; A couple days ago when I opened the Trello app, it asked me to log in but when I did, it acted as if I was a new user and created a new account for the email and password I used on the previous account.  All my boards disappeared, as if it's the first time I entered the app. I tried everything discussed in the Atlassian community but I still can't recover the old boards.

Philip Drake September 11, 2023

Do you have 2 devices that are synchronised and both have Trello?

No, I use the app on my iPhone and use a browser if I login via PC or Mac. It's on only 1 device.

Philip Drake September 11, 2023

I have Trello on my iphone too.

Try logging in to your iphone app.

click the top right hand ...

Board Menu appears

I have 2 members. The other member may be my laptop, but not sure.

The military sargeant sybol (3 Vs) is against the admin member.

When I look at my Board with all the Lists (I always leave Trello open with this view) then Trello seems to preserve the connection.

When I can see all the Lists then in the top left corner it shows "Personal" and underneath this it  shows:

<My ID Name>"'s workspace"

So you may be able to navigate to:

<Your ID Name>"'s workspace"

As I recall when I seemed to lose my data, I found it had relocated to the above workspace area.

Hopefully you'll find your data in your workspace.

I’m not getting any of those menus or screens. When I log in using iPhone app I get the following:

IMG_7902.png

Walter September 12, 2023

My mistake - I tried to log in using the wrong email account. Problem resolved.

Thanks

Philip Drake September 12, 2023

Phew.

That's a relief!!

0 votes
Kira Scurro February 24, 2022

this just happened to me. i went to Trello.com and opened my account, but the board i've been working on could not be found. i had a heart attack. so i read some of the posts above and opened it on my phone and it was there. then when i went back to my computer, just like that, the board was there again. so though i'm thankful that i didn't totally lose all that info, i'd like to know why this happens. i haven't done anything to the board but add a member a few weeks ago. i'd hate to have this shock again. what the heck is going on when it just disappears online?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events