Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board shows dot, but no notification?

Rebekah Parkhurst June 16, 2017

Hello!

I'm trying to organize boards, and test the email-to-card for clients. When I sent an email to a board I subscribe to, the board will show a little dot indicating something new, but I'm not getting a notification (under the bell). The Trello help page appears to say I should be notified when a card is added to a board I subscribe to. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Rebekah

2 answers

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

HI Rebekah,

In this particular case, the notification isn't being generated because you performed the associated action. Trello doesn't notify you of things that you did, because the assumption is that you're aware of the action, but the dot still shows up on a board to help pinpoint where activity is.

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Hey Rebekah

Yes, any time a card is created on a board that you're subscribed to, you should be receiving a notification. You'll get the notification in the notification center (under the bell) and then also an email (if you chose that setup) for any unread notifications. 

I wonder if you not seeing the notification is restricted to only the browser you've experienced this on, or if it's also happening with other web browsers.

Can you try using Trello with another browser and have someone on the board create  new card to see if you get the notification?

If that helps, then try clearing your cache and cookies from the affected browser. Sometimes, browser extensions can also interfere with the functionality of the Trello board, so you may have to disable some extenstions to see if that might be the probiem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events