Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board - change ownership?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2020

Can a private board with one other invited person on it aside from the original creator (admin) be passed on to the invited person after promoting person to admin?

After the above, the original owner would like to remove (Either delete or close) the board from his list of boards. How will that affect the use of the board by the ‘New’ admin?

Basically the invited person is the student and the intent is that he/she gets to keep the board to use after completion of the course. There is possibility of a third person who will be the lecturer besides the original admin. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2020

The board permissions have been simplified recently so you just have:

2020-06-12 11_45_13-Jandugirls Discorsi _ Trello e altre 7 pagine - Profilo 1 - Microsoft​ Edge.png

You can upgrade someone else to Admin and set yourself as Normal. Once you've done it, you can even go a step further and leave the board if you want.

2020-06-12 11_47_28-Jandugirls Discorsi _ Trello e altre 7 pagine - Profilo 1 - Microsoft​ Edge.png

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2020

Thanks.

Will the board remain listed on my list of boards once I do that?

After changing to normal I will not be able to closed the board which removes it from my list of boards. 

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2020

As long as you're a member of the board, you'll be able to see it both in your home page and your boards page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events