Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Required fields

Zeb Rodes July 15, 2022

Hello,

im new to Trello and am using it for my team to submit work orders. Each “Work Order” or card has certain custom fields that need filled out each time as well as a picture uploaded. Is there a way to require these items be filled out prior to marking it complete or using a custom button action?

Thanks,

Zeb

3 answers

0 votes
Silvia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2022

Hi @Zeb Rodes and welcome!

Blue Cat Forms is a 3rd party Trello power-up that creates cards from the fields completed by users and sends them to your board. You are able to customize the fields and set the ones you need as "Required". Forms is free if you have under 25 submissions per month and it works with regular fields as well as with Custom fields. 

0 votes
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

If you are able to use a powerup, you could try using Amazing Fields.  I know quite a people are making use of it to do exactly this type of thing.

For the "required field", you can setup a field that has a rule coloring it in the UI if there is no value.  For example if a text field is empty, make it have a red background.

You can also use field visibility with formulas to dynamically hide or show forms based upon the values in the field.  I have heard of some people using this to show a field like "INCOMPLETE" with a red background until all the field values are set correctly.

There are a lot of options you could choose from depending upon what you are trying to accomplish.   And if you want to use custom fields still, you can have Amazing Fields store/sync its values to custom fields as well.

Zeb Rodes July 18, 2022

Thank you Allen! I will give these a try tonight as well as checking out Amazing Fields. 

0 votes
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2022

Hi! Welcome to Atlassian Community! I suggest you to make "labels" of color.

Example: Red = To Do / Yellow = Being processed / Green = Done

Also you can use Butler but you have a limited number of uses

Example: When a card have the label "Done", move the card to the list "Done"

You can use others colors for the priority (Low, Medium, High)

Hope my answer is helping you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events