Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Button- Move each card in a list when one checklist item is checked not all the checklist

Yara Farhat July 6, 2022

I am trying to set up a button to move all cards from list 1 to list 2 when an item from the checklist is checked not all the checklist. I can split the items into multiple checklists but that would create a lot of checklists.

Any workaround? 

I tried a rule before and it worked but a team member wants to control card movement and prefer to manually move the cards.

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

@Yara Farhat so, i think you're saying a button, but it sounds like you want a rule if you want it based off of checking off an item in a list. 

In either case, this is the action you want, right? 

image.png

So if you want a board button, you can just make a button with that action. (Go to Automation --> Board Buttons --> Create Button, and then name it and select that action. Then there will be a button at the top of the board that can be clicked to manually execute that action.)

I'm actually not sure how to do this with a trigger for a checklist item, because the actions under rules are for specific cards that trigger them, not entire cards in a whole list. So i think you might need to use the board button rather than the checklist item if that works? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events