Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Activity not showing in menu

Ana Ramirez July 7, 2023

The menu on the right of our boards isn't showing the activity anymore. It used to show the most recent activity below the text "Activity". Now I have to click through to see it and when I go from board to board I have to click on it each time. Is this a permanent change? Or a glitch?

image.png

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brianna Brown
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2023

Hi! We are currently trial running this change for a couple days with hopes that this change will be permanent. If permanent, this will allow us to make some other improvements to the board menu!

Ana Ramirez July 7, 2023

Oh no!!! :-( 

Like # people like this
tapio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2023

Please don't make this change permanent - it is exceptionally annoying and I have missed several key updates as they've happened at work because of it. I actually thought it was a bug and started trying to troubleshoot, disable extensions, clear data etc...

Like # people like this
Sam Seahra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2023

I agree please do not make this change I have been using Trello for a few years and this feature is so useful.

I had thought it was a glitch but please reconsider.

Like # people like this
Sunny Cadwallader July 12, 2023

Please no! That is the best way to keep track of all of the projects we have going on with each of our boards. It's efficient and timely, and any other options would not be in the user's (customer's) best interest. 

Like # people like this
Felix S July 12, 2023

I'm really wondering how the Atlassian engineering & project teams evaluate this change assuming they use Trello themselves. This should be quite obviously an instant downgrade for visibility and cause the same problems we're describing here...

Like # people like this
Max Egert July 12, 2023

Please dont make this change permanent, I work with a large group on trello (>100 people) across many different boards and everyone has said that they dislike this new feature and prefer the old viewing method where you dont have to click the activity button. 

Like # people like this
sgalinski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 13, 2023

Please restore the old behavior. This is just pain.

Like # people like this
Gergő Hajdemár
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 13, 2023

This change would hinder my company's activities in Trello, the change would take away the simple and transparent tracking from board owners/users. If you would like to permanently implement this at least make it an opt-in and out feature, so we'd have the option to keep it as it was

Like # people like this
Ilie Stanese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 18, 2023

We prefer the old way of having the activity always visible on the boards, without having to click on it. The other controls in the menubar are of lower importance.

Please don't make this change permanent. Thank you!

Like # people like this
ParizekPetr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 20, 2023

Please don't make this permanent. It's been live for few days and I already missed some of the activities in our project. It was a great feature, I hope you'll bring it back.

Like # people like this
Jason Barnette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 20, 2023

This is a trash idea. Having the activity always available at a glance is one of my most used features of Trello. Removing this would make me consider moving to one of the many Trello alternatives that are popping up every day. If you do remove this, then at least give people the option to turn it on if they choose.

Like # people like this
Sunny Cadwallader July 25, 2023

I am missing too many things, Atlassian. Please restore the Activity section to what it was before. 

Like Felix S likes this
Bea V_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 3, 2023

CO-SIGNED

I reached out to support (TRELLO-159908) to ask this be brought back on July 12, I've given it a couple weeks to try to work through it and get used to it.  I can honestly say it's killing our productivity and people are missing important activity. 

Please put it back the way it was.

This is a way too accurate an example of changing UI without consulting the actual users. You've actually made Trello worse. I've stopped recommending Trello because it's actually no longer saving time. I'm with Jason, I may need to see what's out there.

Like # people like this
Jason Barnette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 9, 2023

It appears that the Atlassian team has made these horrendous "improvements" permanent. We use it at work and probably will continue to do so, but this has really interrupted my workflow, and many other's I've spoken with. I have a personal subscription too that I use with some colleagues, but I might cancel it now just because of this one change.

Like # people like this
Oskar Levin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 29, 2023

Please put it back the way it was or make it possible to configure if activity should always be visible or not. I don't want to click Activity in the right menu every time in order to see it. It's hidden among all the other irrelevant menu items that I never use.

13 votes
Felix S July 8, 2023

"with hopes that this change will be permanent."

• Our teams hope the opposite as this negatively impacts our efficiency
  • The activity feed is the only reliable tool to not miss an update happening in our very many cards
  • Of course the change only requires one additional click but for what benefit?
  • Right now the "benefit" is a filter "All / comments" which could also be implemented in the previous view / behavior
  • Please consider the main issue that Trello users can easily miss important updates within boards and the only solution is a complete an always visible activity feed like we had before
Ana Ramirez July 10, 2023

Yes!!! 

I watch the activity all day to see what is happening with our boards/cards and I see no point to hiding it.

Like # people like this
Julius Hennig July 10, 2023

At first glance, it's a terribly bad idea and I also came here to figure out why it's missing. Not sure what's being done in the background and these comments will most likely not change anything, but I'll try anyway ;)

Like # people like this
Julian Moller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2023

Chiming in to say please don't make this change permanent

Like Felix S likes this
Felix S August 8, 2023

Ok Atlassian did it and permanently rolled out their "improvements to the board menu!"

I'm still more than surprised that their product team don't want to hear our feedback as this indeed causes major problems using the product and a solution would be very easy to implement i.e. keeping the menu at the last state chosen by the user (activitiy view) via cookie setting.

German language version of the "improved board menu":

Bild1.png

Bea V_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 8, 2023

@Felix S Thanks, I hate it. (But I appreciate your post.)

I mean, come on Trello team, do you really think we all really wanted additional Powerups, Automation, Custom Fields, etc.  fast-access locations? Aren't those tasks just a peaceful "set it and forget it" occasional action to automate and facilitate productivity? The thing we needed quick access to is the activity of the board.

👎👎👎

P.S. If anyone is wondering, there isn't a setting to use the old version.

Like # people like this
Julian Moller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 8, 2023

I feel like my trello boards are so much harder to use now :( the beginning of the end..

Like # people like this
9 votes
Nancy Ramirez July 10, 2023

Hi, thank you Ana for being the first to flag this. I too was thinking it may have been a glitch of some kind and couldn't figure out why it suddenly went missing. I agree with all others that the visible activity feed is the most helpful. I use it to track things throughout the day and miss it greatly! If there's a way Atlassian/Trello Team can bring it back and maybe add an option to hide it for those that don't mind it being gone would be great! I really did use it daily and now find myself glancing over to find nothing there. I end up clicking on the see more activity icon but it's just not the same. Please consider bringing that feature back for those of us that have been using Trello religiously for the last couple of years. Thank you kindly!

Sunny Cadwallader July 12, 2023

Amen. :) 

Like Bea V_ likes this
4 votes
Angela C. Taormina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2023

I agree with the previous posters. I rely on the Activity log being visible whenever I have the menu panel open. Having to manually open every time is a true time waster. I hope all of our voices will be heard!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events