Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday & Anniversary Reminders

James E Trimble Jr July 15, 2019

I have birthday reminders for friends & clients set up in google calendar but would like to try to migrate as much of my life as possible to Trello.  It feels like I'm getting close to finding the solution but am stuck.  Ideally, I would like to have lists for all of the important people in my life (family, friends, clients) and let individual cards be the central repository for everything about them. (example: Board name = Important people; Three Lists = Family, Friends, and Clients; and then add individual cards for each person.  So far, I've accomplished all of that and even started adding repeating powerups for birthdays & anniversaries (I added custom fields for birthdays and anniversaries).  I'm stuck on trying to create a notification for birthdays & anniversaries that feeds into a separate list called "this week" which is on another board.  I was thinking about something like creating a trigger to make a new card a week or two in advance of an event with a reminder.  Here is the command I really would like but can't figure out:

Every year, one week before birthday date, create a new card called "@cardname birthday reminder" (or something like that) and add that new card to the top of the list "This Week" in the "To Do" board.

It would be great if I could feed all reminders into the "this week" list to keep things simple but if that's not possible, any alternative solutions would be warmly welcomed!  Thank you in advance.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2019

@James E Trimble Jr 

I'd say it's not that complicated.

There are a few details to figure out, but you can easily create a workflow with the Butler Power-Up that does what you want.

Like @Iain Dooley, I'd suggest working with due dates. You can set a card due on the actual birthday of the person.

Then, with Butler, you can move each card 7 days before it comes due into the list of your choice. Here would be a command that would do this:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 10.50.01.png

Whilst I couldn't find a way to create a new card with the Due Date command, is moving the card acceptable for you?

Then you would need another command for cleaning up the list, re-setting the due date one year ahead and moving it to the right list (family, friends, clients) again.

-- Does that make sense?

James E Trimble Jr July 16, 2019

Thanks @Katrin Anger

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

@James E Trimble Jr Why not set the due date on each card to the next key date for that person? If you use due dates then you can filter to show "due in the next week". Unfortunately if you're only using custom fields for the dates you can't use filters or the calendar view to see them.

I'm pretty sure you can't trigger relative to the date in a custom field with Butler ... @Katrin Anger is that correct?

James E Trimble Jr July 16, 2019

Thank you @Iain Dooley!

0 votes
news standme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 3, 2019

Over the course of your happy marriage, you can spend thousands of bouquets, pay for movie tickets, and give endless gift cards to your wife. For the wife who runs the complete house perfectly, it becomes essential to gift something romantic, something unique, and something extraordinary. Whether it is the first year of your marriage or it is 50th year, the ideas for birthday gift for wife given below will make your wife clear how special she is for you.

To get started with, you need to first think about what your wife loves or value the most. It can be a sentimental, practical, romantic, adventurer, or trendy thing which can put a smile on your wife’s face. One of the best methods to select the efficient idea for gifting your wife with a precious birthday gift is to make a list. You can go through the list of some best ideas which you can gift to your loving wife on the occasion of their birthday to make it more special:

Rose scented candle: Whether you are weak in expressing your love or have short romantic gift ideas, it would love if you gift a rose-scented candle to your wife. Your spouse is going to love the scented candles because you cannot underestimate the power of this sweet-smelling rose present. Such a colourful candle will keep your wife’s room, smelling like a rose garden for many days
Weekend bag: Everyone would love to have the sophisticated and sleek leather duffle so you can consider it be one of the best ideas for birthday gift for wife. In case if you plan a romantic weekend with your wife, then the bag gifted by you will be helpful for your wife.

Delivery of speciality cookie: For your beautiful and hard-working wife, it is the correct time to think outside the box. Here we are talking about the particular cookies, that is, Bang Cookies. These tasty cookies get prepared by the organic ingredients which get baked only when you order. So, what are you waiting for? It is an excellent way to express your healthy love to your wife.

Red wine truffles: It makes much sense if you think of gifting your wife a box of decent dark naked truffles along with with the cabernet franc infused truffles. This is mainly because you and your wife go on a romantic dinner date together like wine and chocolate. So it will be an excellent present to show your love to her.
Particular frame for something meaningful: Sometimes, you want to get a break, and it can be when you are thinking about something or looking at your house’s wall. It is your great chance to frame some of your happy moments and hang it for everyone who enters your home to see it. It can be a simple love poem that can make both of you sentimental. So, when you are gifting your wife with such a mesmerizing present.

Beautiful watch: Worthwhile watches can be a symbol of love of your life. You can select an expensive but delicate watch to gift your wife. It is one of the great ideas for birthday gift for wife When you gift a watch to your wife, then she will directly remember you. It is because when she checks the time in the watch, she will surely think of you.
Precious earrings: You can gift your wife a pair of statement earrings. This will surely grab their attention as the earrings are not only a pair of fun but resemble the fashionista. Your wife is going to impress when you are going to gift her with your exquisite taste in terms of accessories.

Eternity roses: You can gift your wife with the one eternity rose, which lasts for several years perfectly. It is the most beautiful way which is better than a bouquet of roses. A box of eternity roses is a romantic plus valuable gift that keeps her smile always. The rose has ever been known as the symbol of love so you can gift her at any time and at anywhere.
Calligraphed wedding vows: If you preserve your wedding vows in the form of a romantic and beautiful piece of art, then your wife will always feel special. The promises are the constant reminder of your most beautiful day, that is, your wedding day and your lasting love. If you choose to hang them at a particular place, then you and your wife are never going to forget them.

Diamond band: Who will not love when you gift them with the diamond bangles? Your wife is going to love the versatile plus trendy diamond band when you gift them on their birthday. It is a special occasion that requires special treatment. So, it is an innovative idea for birthday gifts for wife to gift diamond band, which she can wear either alone or with other bangles.

Comfortable sneakers: You can gift your wife the hottest footwear on her birthday. Shoes are not only comfortable footwear but are fashionable, which your wife can wear whenever she wants. The boots are one of the ideal ideas for birthday gifts for wife, which she can wear on a long trip, trekking, daily life, and anywhere. A pair of comfortable sneakers is the correct way that you can go for.
Personalized necklace: If your wife is the lover of trendy jewelry, then you can gift her loving jewelry. When you gift her with customized jewelry, then she will cherish it sweet and the romantic gift. She can wear a beautiful necklace gifted by you whenever she wants to look unique and attractive.

JoeyMeyers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2022

Thanks for your help, guys. Google Calendar is an awesome tool, actually. Especially for a busy 57 years old man who tends to forget everything. So, thanks for your help, guys! I highly appreciate it! Tbh, I’d also be able if you helped me with choosing a present for my colleague. I have known her for many years but know nothing about her. She’s having her birthday next week, so I should buy her something because she’s gonna be 40. So, what should I do, guys? The best option I’ve found so far is such a basket full of sweets https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. Do you think it could be a good present? I’m sorry if it’s the owing thread. I’d still appreciate your help, guys.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events