Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Picture for Trello - Displaying a "Board" column

Justin Bowser April 24, 2019

Hi, Big Picture for Trello looks like it could be *very* useful, but ONLY if it provides the ability to sort and/or filter the gantt chart display by the name of the Trello Board that each task is on.

Without this, all my tasks (from all my boards) are displayed alongside each other, and there's no way to see which Board each task is from - or to easily see the status of all tasks for a specific Board.

Is this on the roadmap? Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Bowser May 3, 2019

I have a reply from the vendor (Tomasz at SoftwarePlant):

"So, basically, we have such a feature request open in our Jira but I assume it won't be implemented anytime soon - perhaps we'll get back to this at the end of the year because we are right now focusing on introducing some major changes to our Jira products and this may take us some time."

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing, greatly appreciated!

1 vote
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2019

Hi @Justin Bowser have you looked into the Placker Trello Power-Up with Gantt chart capability to see if it would work for you? 

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2019

Hi @Justin Bowser did this help answer your question?
Thanks,
Jodi

0 votes
Paul Fellowes March 28, 2021

This is managed through the global gantt settings and scope 

Justin Bowser March 28, 2021

Paul, thanks for the comment. Can you provide any further info on exactly where these settings can be found?  On the "Program configuration ->Scope definition" screen I only have options to specify the owner and the boards to be displayed.

Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2021

Hello Justin,

When it comes to displaying Board Name for cards synchronized to BigPicture for Trello, I am afraid that currently, we do not offer such functionality. However, we do understand that our customers would like to take advantage of such a feature, and for this very reason we have created the below task in our backlog, in order to introduce it one day:

Board name field is available for tasks from Trello 

Timelines wise - it is very hard to estimate when it will be implemented into production since our focus right now is more on the Jira products, but please feel free to track the progress on this one, since we are constantly working on the improvements of our products!

Regards,

Adam

Paul Fellowes March 29, 2021

Hi Justin,

I guess that's a misunderstanding on my part, I thought you wanted to see them displayed by board and not all your tasks with a board name  next to it

Must not speed read!!!

Paul

0 votes
Justin Bowser May 1, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc  

Er... no. My question was specifically about whether a "Board" column is on the Roadmap for Big Picture.  Your reply was about a different product, with a different commercial model.

I appreciate the suggestion, and I will look into Placker, but my question still stands unanswered.

Regards,

Justin

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2019

Thanks @Justin Bowser I just watched this 7 minute webinar, and  although it didn't show this in the video, I see in the list view menu the settings button next to label, status etc. which may have the option to have board in that column view.  I enabled the power-up to try it out but didn't want to add it to my team boards, and I couldn't test on a personal board.

It looks like a really useful tool, if this feature is not yet available I think it would be very useful to request it. This may be something you would like to submit as a feature enhancement: feature-ideas@trello.com which you could request be forwarded to BigPicture or you could contact them directly: I found an email address online for them:

support@softwareplant.com

The documentation link also shows the features they plan to implement so you can keep an eye on it after you submit your feature request:

https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/About+BigPicture+Trello

Thanks,

Jodi

Thanks @Jodi LeBlanc - I've tried all the menu settings, and it's possible to add and filter on various columns, but there isn't one for "Board".  That seems quite an oversight, but I guess it's because Big Picture has been ported to Trello and this column isn't relevant on their core (Jira) product.

I'll contact them directly :)

Regards,

Justin

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2019

Thanks so much @Justin Bowser , please post what you find out and when/if they implement your feature request in the future. It will be very helpful for the community and those using or considering using Big Picture.

Have a great day!

Jodi

Will do... I just emailed their support team with my question....

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2019

Perfect, thanks!

Mikołaj Krekora November 15, 2019

Hi!

I just have found, I have the same problem - have you solved it? It would be really useful to be able to filter everything by board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events