Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to create a private board for large team??

Kristen McDougal June 7, 2021

Hello!  I have a team of about 20,000 that I want to have access to a board (but cannot edit).  I do not want to have to add them all as members, and I don't want it public for anyone to access.  What is the best way to go about this?  I have a team website (squarespace) with member only pages (memberspace) and happy to integrate that if that's helpful or otherwise I can add a link to our board.  I would love to know any ideas for best password protecting or making the board private but accessible to the large team.  Thanks!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

If you click the invite button at the top of a board, there is a link you can share with them so they can join themselves.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Michael Pryor If they join they'll have full access to the board though, she doesn't want them to be able to edit it ... 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

Oh. I don’t know how to do that. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Kristen McDougal The only way that I know of allowing people to look at a board without them being a member of the board is to have them as a member of a workspace. From there you can create a board that is workspace visible, and control permissions for non-members, for example you can allow voting and commenting but not editing.

I don't think there's a published limit on the number of workspace members you can have, so you may well be able to create a workspace with 20,000 members. If you don't need more than 10 boards in that workspace, you won't have to pay for 20,000 team members, however they will all need a Trello account.

There's nothing in Trello (yet) that allows you to share a board by link in the same way as you can with Dropbox or Drive.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events