Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backwards planning - Updating start date based on due date and planned duration

Julie T September 13, 2021

Hi everyone, 

I am a student and full-time employed. Deadlines are not questionnable here. 
So I am trying to use an automated planning, maybe a gantt chart. I am trying Placker atm and started adding some tasks.

Thing is :  how could I get an automatic adjustment of the start-date, depending on working hours, estimated effort (or duration), task dependencies and a fixed the due-date ?
Thanks for any help :)

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

@Julie Trouvé you'd probably need to use Butler and Custom Fields. CF to create fields for those variables, and then Butler to adjust start date based on the values of those fields.

Julie T September 14, 2021

Thank you @Brittany Joiner 
I had thought of this solution, thing is I am still wondering one thing : how to adapt this so I can manage task dependencies ?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

@Julie Trouvé im not really sure about the task dependencies piece. Maybe you can use labels to indicate the dependencies and change due dates when a label changes or something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events