Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Trello boards

Deleted user May 29, 2019

I've read a number of posts about backing up Trello boards. They often seem to involve more complexity (JSON, GitHub) than I want or am competent to get into.

Is it a reasonable course of action to copy a board, close but not delete it? I assume that nothing in a closed board gets included in searches or shown on the home page. If some corruption occurs then I can always re-open the closed board.

Are there any pitfalls to this method? If not, is there a way to automate it?

3 answers

1 vote
Mike Potter January 8, 2020

Hi @[deleted] and @intexom 

I'm the CEO at Rewind, a cloud to cloud backup app. We're looking to talk to potential customers for our upcoming Rewind for Trello backup app. You can learn more about it at https://rewind.io/backup/trello/  

If you've got time for a quick 15 minute interview about backups for Trello, I'd love to talk to you. Fill out the form on our website for Trello access, and we'll be in touch to schedule something.

Thanks,

Mike

Alvaro_Sassano May 14, 2020

Hi @Mike Potter!! It already working your solution?? 

Thanks 

Mike Potter May 14, 2020

@Alvaro_Sassano We're getting closer to releasing it. We should have something later in the summer for people to use to backup their Trello data.

You can sign up to be notified when it launches at https://rewind.io/backup/trello/

Alvaro_Sassano May 14, 2020

Hi @Mike Potter @I already did!! Do you have an specific date to a production release??

Mike Potter May 14, 2020

Nothing that we're ready to share beyond late summer 2020. It's too early to give an exact date.

Alvaro_Sassano May 15, 2020

Thanks

Dasha Shakov April 29, 2021

Quick update from the Rewind Team:

The Backups for Trello Power-Up is live in the Power-Up marketplace.

Power-Up runs daily, automated backups of your Trello boards, lists, cards, and more. You can also run a backup any time if your team is making a lot of changes to a board or testing a new Power-Up.

Should you wish to restore a board back to a previous version, you can swiftly do that in the Rewind Vault.

With our product, you don't need to worry about exports and imports – everything is automated and you can recover data on-demand as you need.

If you have any questions, please comment here or send me an email at dasha@rewind.io.

0 votes
Valeriia Sitolenko October 12, 2023

Hi! For a more reliable, secure, and effortless way to back up your Trello boards, consider using FluentPro Backup, developed by a company I represent.

This cloud-based solution automates Trello backup, continuously saving new versions as you make changes. A historical record of your boards is crucial for data recovery in case of loss or corruption. FluentPro Backup for Trello lets restore lost data from point-in-time versions.

Check this guide on Trello backup and restore to get more information.

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

@[deleted]  Copying and archiving/closing a board is a type of backup that would work for this use case.  However it is not a "real" backup independent of Trello.

Deleted user May 30, 2019

Narc,

Thanks for the comment.

intexom September 13, 2019

Thanks, but someone access to our trello boards and delete all , how we will restore that?

in our case we are many working on same board, so we need one option to backup our board safely to be able to restore it in case.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events