• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Backup Trello boards

I've read a number of posts about backing up Trello boards. They often seem to involve more complexity (JSON, GitHub) than I want or am competent to get into.

Is it a reasonable course of action to copy a board, close but not delete it? I assume that nothing in a closed board gets included in searches or shown on the home page. If some corruption occurs then I can always re-open the closed board.

Are there any pitfalls to this method? If not, is there a way to automate it?

2 answers

@Roger Cavanagh  Copying and archiving/closing a board is a type of backup that would work for this use case.  However it is not a "real" backup independent of Trello.

Narc,

Thanks for the comment.

Thanks, but someone access to our trello boards and delete all , how we will restore that?

in our case we are many working on same board, so we need one option to backup our board safely to be able to restore it in case.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Hi @Roger Cavanagh and @intexom 

I'm the CEO at Rewind, a cloud to cloud backup app. We're looking to talk to potential customers for our upcoming Rewind for Trello backup app. You can learn more about it at https://rewind.io/backup/trello/  

If you've got time for a quick 15 minute interview about backups for Trello, I'd love to talk to you. Fill out the form on our website for Trello access, and we'll be in touch to schedule something.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi @Mike Potter!! It already working your solution?? 

Thanks 

@Alvaro_Sassano We're getting closer to releasing it. We should have something later in the summer for people to use to backup their Trello data.

You can sign up to be notified when it launches at https://rewind.io/backup/trello/

Hi @Mike Potter @I already did!! Do you have an specific date to a production release??

Nothing that we're ready to share beyond late summer 2020. It's too early to give an exact date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

330 views 10 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you