Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avast (anti virus) web shield (PC) aborts log in to Atlassian because there is a threat?

Gidon Burcat June 23, 2020

Hi, I was a Trello user for a few years, recently automatically migrated to Atlassian.
I didn't look into Atlassian too much, so I guess I have a default  standard setup.

I use Trello a lot, and my credentials are saved on chrome. 
Since I've done some browser cleaning, I am trying to log into Trello > sends me to Atlassian > my Avast anti virus pops up this message:
avast-atlassian.jpg

How can this be solved?

Thanks

Gidon

13 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I think it has been fixed now....

I didn't add any exception, and I am able to connect.

addsum June 23, 2020

It is working for me now as well, and without doing anything.

3 votes
Al Keeling June 23, 2020

HTML:Script-inf[Suspected]  ?   Maybe a false positive.   Open Avast, go Menu > Settings > General > Exception >  add URL https://id.atlassian.com/login

Hi, I thought of it, but why was it changed today?
There could be 2 possibilities:
1. Some code was changed in the login page that made avast suspicious?
2. The login page has been hacked?
I wonder if we can get an official answer from Atlassian.

Like Lyn Cox likes this
Deleted user June 23, 2020

Just noting that I ran into this issue, and tried adding an exception. The result was a loop of redirects. Still blocked.

Like Lyn Cox likes this
3 votes
Alexander Nitsch June 23, 2020

I second this. Same problem here. Super annoying.

shershov June 23, 2020

Same problem.

2 votes
Fabian De Sanctis June 23, 2020

Same Issue !!!!

1 vote
Robert June 23, 2020

Same problem with AVG too. And resetting the password does not send a new password option either to my email account.

Robert June 23, 2020

Take that back. Finally got a reset but still can't log in with the threat.

Robert June 23, 2020

Discovered you can not raise a support ticket because you need to log in. And the anti virus won't let you. Also sending an email to support@atlassian.com sends back an automated email sending you to support login.

Twitter next I suppose.

That's correct, you can't call for support if not from inside.

And the fact that AVG found it as a threat too, makes it a major problem for Atlassian.

0 votes
Deleted user June 24, 2020

This is working for me now. Still have an exception added just in case.

0 votes
Lyn Cox June 23, 2020

Avast user.  Fixed now.  Can login without the threat popping up.

0 votes
Nicholas Eisner June 23, 2020

Same problem logging into Jira. Reported to Atlassian Support. I can't believe they didn't know this until now.

0 votes
Jan Rodríguez June 23, 2020

Same here! I'm unable to log in, so it's big problem. I hope it get fixed soon, or at least that they post something official.

0 votes
Robert June 23, 2020

I've had a reply via Twitter to add exceptions to various addresses into my AVG. Just trying it. I don't know if it will work before you ask!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domain-744721662.htmls 

addsum June 23, 2020

I think they need to first disclose why the behavior changed between today and yesterday (since that link also was last modified on the 18th), and specifically address the message first posted here with respect to the HTML script, and also why it would impact both AVG and Avast.

Robert June 24, 2020

Just removed all exceptions from AVG too. Seems all right. Back to normal.

0 votes
Deleted user June 23, 2020

This is also happening to me. Adding an exception `https://id.atlassian.com/*` did not resolve, and seemed to expose another alert:

Annotation 2020-06-23 112232.jpg

Al Keeling June 23, 2020

Add exceptions in Avast as endpoints without wildcards * or parameters.  In other words, the login endpoint should be:  https://id.atlassian.com/login    Then restart your browser.

Deleted user June 24, 2020

I removed the wildcard and was still having issues, but it seems to be resolved now.

0 votes
Lyn Cox June 23, 2020

Same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events