Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with working hours instead of days

Andre Santos May 2, 2023

We are creating an automation that will set the due date of the cards. The due date will be X hours from the card creation and should consider only working days.

I know that I can create a rule with Arithmetic. But once we would like to work with hours and not only days, I don't know how to create the rule. If I create a rule using just hours, will not consider workingdays: {isodatetime+{foundcarddescription}h} and if I create the rule using workingdays, we will not be able to have situation with hours: {isodatetime+{foundcarddescription}wd}.

Any suggestion? Thanks!!!!

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi Andre, I like a challenge so will work on this tomorrow morning to get my brain started.  Just to confirm:

• When a card is created, you will set a due date x hours from the start date
  • If a card is due date is outside of working hours, move the remaining hours to the next working day
  • What are the maximum number of hours that would be applied to a card?
  • Will the due date ever change once it has been set?
Andre Santos May 2, 2023

Hi @Dreamsuite Mike ! I thing it is easier than that :)

When a card is created I lookup another card to get the number of hours (SLA) and add this number to created time, so I have the due date.  But once we are not going to work on weekends, this due date should consider only working days. It's not working hours, just consider working days. So if a card with a 24 hours SLA is created on Friday 6 PM, its due date should be Monday 6 PM.

Because our automation consider that will always be an SLA but in some cases we don't have one, we use 99999 hours to ignore SLAs due date.

No, once it is set the due date doesn't change.

Thanks!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events