Automation variables for dates

Julian Stang May 7, 2023

Hi,

I want to send a custom E-Mail notification when a certain checklist item is completed. Within the E-Mail, I want to mention the date two weeks from the date the checklist item is marked as complete.

Is there a way to access the date like {date} and add two weeks to the current date?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

Hi @Julian Stang and welcome to the community,

Outside of the box, trello offers these automation variables https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/ in which there isn't any direct reference to the date of the checklist. So I would assume that out of the box you can't do that. In jira there is the lookup component to look for issues (card) under certain criteria. I would try to find a powerup to do this kind of automation.

Julian Stang May 7, 2023

Thank you for the fast answer!

I just want to use the {date} variable but add 14 days to it within an E-Mail, is that possible?

Best

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

@Julian Stang try to write {date+14d} or {date+2w} and let me know if that did the trick.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

Or if you want working days then {date+14wd}

Read more here https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/arithmetic-and-formatting-in-date-variables/

Julian Stang May 7, 2023

Thank you very much, that worked!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events